Daniel A. Zehner
- A.B. Dartmouth College, 1966
- J.D. Boston University School of Law, 1969
Served as a JAG officer in the United States Marine Corps – 1970-72.
Admitted to Practice:
- New Jersey State Bar – November 1969
- California State Bar – December 1972
- U.S. District Court, District of N.J. – November 1969
- U.S. Supreme Court – November 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit – December 1993
New Jersey State Bar Association member since 1969;
Appointed by New Jersey Supreme Court as a member of the
District One Fee Arbitration Committee effective September 1,
1976; Vice-Chairman August 30, 1979 – September 1, 1980;
Salem County Bar Association, President 1980 – 1981;
Appointed by New Jersey Supreme Court as a member of
District One Ethics Committee to a four-year term effective
September 1, 1993.
New Jersey Association for Justice member of Board of
Governors 1988 – 1989, 1989 – 1990, 1991 – 1992, 2013 – 2014
and 2014 – 2015; Parliamentarian, 1990 – 1991; Instructor at
Trial Academy Workshops; and Salem County Chairman and
lecturer for The People’s Law School.
American Association for Justice member since 1975.
Served as Lawyer Coach for the Salem City High School Mock
Trial Team in the New Jersey State Bar Association Mock Trial
Competition, 2009- 2010 and 2010-2011. Served as a Judge in
the 2011-2012 competition. Presented End Distracted Driving
program to Woodstown High School juniors and seniors at pre-
prom assembly on May 22, 2014.
Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney since 1987.
SELECTED CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Obtained a jury verdict in Federal District court on behalf of an African-American woman who had been sterilized by her white gynecologist without her knowledge or consent and who discovered it eleven years later. Verdict included both compensatory and punitive damages. The defendant doctor surrendered his medical license post-verdict.
- Successfully defended Cowtown Auctioneers in a wrongful death by horse in a jury trial brought by the estate of a woman who had purchased the horse at the livestock auction. Jury returned a no cause verdict.
- Argued and won a case in the New Jersey Supreme Court in an appeal of a no-cause verdict in a medical malpractice case involving the doctrine of informed consent. Chris Christy, Esquire, argued the case for the respondent doctor.
- Obtained five substantial six figure confidential settlements on behalf of plaintiffs harmed as the result of medical, dental and nursing home negligence.
- Obtained a jury verdict including compensatory and punitive damages on behalf of a man defamed by an article in The Bridgeton Evening News covering his criminal trial on murder charges after successfully arguing an appeal reversing summary judgment on behalf of the newspaper.
- Obtained a not guilty verdict in the criminal trial of a supermarket clerk accused of embezzlement from the store who had confessed to the store security personnel.
- Obtained a judgment against a bail bond company on behalf of a woman who had posted security for a bond for her son based on the illegal confiscation of the security funds by the bail bond company where, in fact, bail had not be forfeited. The judgment included compensatory damages, treble damages, punitive damages and attorney’s fees under The New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act.
- As a JAG officer in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1970 through 1972, successfully defended numerous Marines in courts-martial under the Uniform Code of Military Justice on charges ranging from sabotage of jet aircraft, attempted murder, riot, various illegal drug charges, unauthorized absence and other charges. Defended an officer charged with violating military currency regulations in Vietnam.
Daniel P. Daly
- B.A. St. Joseph’s University (cum laude), 2000
- J.D. Temple University, 2004
Admitted to Practice:
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of Delaware
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Delaware State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Salem County Bar Association
- Oldmans Township, NJ – Board of Education, President
- Oldmans Township, NJ – Planning Board Member